Upcoming

  • WWE Clash at the Castle - 9/3
  • NXT Worlds Collide - 9/4
  • All Out - 9/4

SummerSlam (2022) predictions

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Liv Morgan (c) v Ronda Rousey

Thoughts - I've been enjoying Liv Morgan as champion, so I'd really like to see her shine a lot more in the coming weeks and months. Now, with Triple H taking charge of creative and pretty much WWE's week-to-week programming, I can see Morgan retaining more so than Rousey. Rousey doesn't need it, plus I believe she's taking a leave from WWE for a few months, probably until either Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble.

I feel Liv is gonna retain and feud with Shotzi or Aliyah after SummerSlam.

Prediction: Liv Morgan (c)


Happy Corbin v Pat McAfee

Thoughts - I know this is just a "toss in" match to give Pat and Corbin something to do, but with Pat's STUPENDOUS performance at WrestleMania this past April, I can see why WWE wants to keep pushing Pat as a performer in-ring. Corbin is a solid heel and popular enough to make it interesting for a big show. The build-up for this match has been rather entertaining, no shock there.

In just a few weeks of build, I actually care about this match and I'm looking forward to it on Saturday. As far as a winner goes, definitely a Pat win. He's a hot act in the company, especially as a commentator. No need for him to lose.

Prediction: Pat McAfee


No Disqualification
The Mysterios (Rey & Dominik) v The Judgment Day (Finn Balor & Damian Priest - w/ Rhea Ripley)

Thoughts - This feud really didn't make me feel anything until this past Monday on Raw. Rhea returned as Rey Mysterio was celebrating his 20th anniversary with the company. I enjoyed her return and performance throughout the night. Judgment Day kept attacking Rey and his family and all of it was pretty entertaining. So it boosted my interest just a tad bit. 

But, overall... eh. I really don't know about a winner. It depends on what happens with Edge's return. Edge has been teased to return with a series of vignettes on Raw this past month, apparently going back to a version of his Rated-R Superstar persona. That's definitely the right move. So, if Edge gets involved somehow, someway... I could see him costing Judgment Day's chances of being the victor.

Prediction: The Mysterios


WWE United States Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) v Theory

Thoughts - I honestly do not care about this match that much. No offense to either competitor, but WWE has not made any kind of impression for me to really care here. I'm going to say, based on how Theory is getting pushed, he's going to lose this match... just not sure if it's gonna be clean or not. Lashley should have a legitimate reign for a bit, so it makes sense for him to come out as the winner.

Theory may just walk out of the match if it doesn't go his way, the weaselly heel that he is. He'll pull the "I don't need this, I'm the MITB winner" type of excuse, which will lead to the main event later in the night.

Prediction: Bobby Lashley (c)


WWE Raw Women's Championship
Bianca Belair (c) v Becky Lynch

Thoughts - I love both Bianca and Becky, but I am beyond tired of this feud at this point. It has to end at SummerSlam for the foreseeable future. I'd like to see Belair and Bliss feud after SummerSlam and really have a fun, fresh rivalry for us to see. As far as the match itself goes, these two ladies will undoubtedly tear it up! The WrestleMania match this year between these two was phenomenal and easily one of the very best women's matches in WWE history!

Bianca retains.

Prediction: Bianca Belair (c)


Logan Paul v The Miz

Thoughts - I was never much of a Logan Paul fan before his WWE run, but I gotta tell you he has been KILLING it in WWE since he's been around the company. His performance at WrestleMania was very promising and he has a solid look and feel to him being a WWE superstar and possibly a BIG WWE superstar in the near future.

The Miz is just The Miz, and he's awesome.

Paul is definitely winning the match and I can definitely see this feud keeping rhythm for the remainder of the year, into a possible WrestleMania match next year in Hollywood.

Prediction: Logan Paul


Undisputed Tag Team Championships
The Usos (c) v Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)

Thoughts - I have been loving the feud and series of matches between Usos and Profits. They have been tremendous so far in this rivalry and I'm all for this match at SummerSlam. Usos have been coming out on top for the majority, but the Street Profits have been showing why they're one of the best and most entertaining duos in WWE today.

I feel it's the perfect time for The Usos to drop the titles and I hope they keep feuding, to be honest, because I'm digging the chemistry and I can't get enough of it. There MITB match a month ago was one of the best tag team matches in recent memory, no matter what the promotion. Absolute GOLD mine between these two teams.

The Usos losing is gonna play a big part in the main event as well... the flow of things at least. Could lead to Reigns dropping the belt to end the show.

Prediction: Street Profits


Last Man Standing Undisputed Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) (w/ Paul Heyman) v Brock Lesnar

Thoughts - I know people really want to see the end between these two as far as feuds go. But I fucking love these two fighting and feuding with one another. Especially with Brock's new character arc as of the last year. It's very fitting that they end the rivalry one year after Brock's big return and confrontation with Reigns at last year's SummerSlam event.

Reigns has been Universal Champion for over 700 days now and that's just frightening unreal for this generation of WWE. He really has been at the very top of his game and hasn't slowed down one bit. Match after match, feud after feud, Roman Reigns has been so fucking dominant and I've enjoyed his heel run since 2020. This is the character Reigns was meant to be this whole time.

Regarding a winner... it's a bit hard to judge right now. Vince isn't running creative and WWE anymore, so this will be Triple H's call. I have a Theory... and his name is Theory. If Theory gets pinned clean by Lashley earlier in the night, I can definitely see him cashing in his MITB and winning the titles. If he gets out of the match in a cowardly, cocky way and doesn't get the clean pin - he may just play with the briefcase just a bit longer.

So, in the end... it depends on how the rest of the night goes before the main event. But, as for now... I'm gonna pull a big switch here and predict Heyman turning on Reigns towards the end of the match, Brock takes advantage and gets the upper hand on Reigns to win the match and titles. Afterwards, after a grueling match between Reigns and Lesnar, Lesnar will be so beat up and wore out. This is when I see Heyman walking back out with Theory and Theory cashes in on Lesnar to win the titles.

It's a wild and maybe nonexistent ordeal, but I'm going out with a bit of style... if you will. This starts the Theory era going forward. Oh, and I could see Reigns and Brock leaving for a bit, maybe until around Survivor Series or Rumble time. Especially for Reigns. He's a part-timer now apparently, according to his new contract. But, then again, I could also see him feuding with Theory and Heyman (if Heyman does turn and side with Theory) after Clash at the Castle.

We'll see what happens, because I honestly think it can go a lot of different directions with there being new leadership in the company. Wooooo!

Prediction: Brock Lesnar




Side note: Regarding the Liv/Rousey match, I think WWE might do a Fatal-4-Way match on the kickoff show between Shotzi/Deville/Aliyah/Natalya - with the winner becoming #1 contender for the SmackDown Women's Championship. It'll be something along those lines... could just be a singles match between Aliyah and Shotzi, with the winner becoming #1 contender.

Most popular

Wikipedia

Search results