Upcoming

  • WWE Clash at the Castle - 9/3
  • NXT Worlds Collide - 9/4
  • All Out - 9/4

NXT Heatwave (2022) results

The results for NXT Heatwave (2022) are...


Carmelo Hayes (c) def. Giovanni Vinci via pinfall

NXT North American Championship

Thoughts - Very hot (pun intended) start to an overall great television special. Both performers looked really good, with Giovanni looking tremendous as a challenger and Carmelo looking like a strong champion to move forward. I feel like these two should continue feuding and have one more match to end it, then Carmelo gets called up.

With Carmelo winning, that means he will be sticking around NXT for a bit longer. I'm definitely fine with that as a fan. We have so many returns happening from already established stars, so Carmelo will get his perfect moment. Vinci should be next to win the title and carry it going onwards. He's a very special talent and I really like his character and style.

Predicted winner: Giovanni Vinci

Grade: A


Cora Jade def. Roxanne Perez via pinfall

Thoughts - Another fun match. It lasted as long as the NA Title match, so I was happy with that. Both women showed great pace, theatrics and carried the match very well. I've been a fan of Cora for a while, and I'm semi-familiar with Roxanne from her indy days. I feel the big payoff in the end will indeed be Roxanne going over, so this feud is far from over. It still has some time to feel it.

Overall, a fun match and a great pace to keep the show rolling. There were a few moments of sluggish feel, but it didn't take too much from the overall experience. Well done, ladies.

Predicted winner: Cora Jade

Grade: B


Tony D'Angelo def. Santos Escobar

(Escobar lost, so he is forced to leave NXT)

Thoughts - Again, around the same time length of the previous two matches. Escobar and D'Angelo both did very well and kept everything at a nice pace throughout. I enjoyed the antics of D'Angelo throughout the match, he has that type of character that is obnoxious (might be a New Yorker... Italian thing, idk LOL) character. But it fits really well with sports entertainment, so I'm definitely good with it. I get a kick out of it.

Nothing really TOO special happened, we all heard the ramblings about Escobar being called up soon, so it made sense how everything went down. D'Angelo will be sticking around in NXT a while longer. I can see him being a great challenger for the NXT title down the line. Sooner than later.

But, Escobar lost, so he'll get his moment to shine on the main roster here soon, and I can't wait to see how he does. He's a very talented performer and has a fantastic character to himself. He'll do very well. With HHH in charge, there's no reason for him not to. Hunter is pretty high on the guy and it's always shown.

Predicted winner: Tony D'Angelo

Grade: B+


Mandy Rose (c) def. Zoey Stark

NXT Women's Championship

Thoughts - I'm honestly shocked people online were confused on why Mandy retained. I know she'll be getting the call up soon, her, Gigi and Jacy all will. But the way she's been carrying the division and championship, there was NO way I saw her dropping the title on a television special and not a bigger PLE here soon, the next one that happens will be the time.

As talented as Stark is, she would have felt pretty random to be the one to take the belt from Rose. Not saying she's not built up nicely, but I think someone like Cora or Roxanne would be a better fit to be the one to take it from Rose. They have a bigger following and it's usually the one's who have the bigger followings are the ones to win the big one down the line.

Usually. Unless you're Daniel Bryan... then it takes a minute. ;) (I'm kidding, I love Bryan).

I liked the match, but I feel it was one of the more lackluster on the card by the end of it. Nothing too special. Pretty straight forward. I knew Mandy would retain. Zoey is awesome.

Predicted winner: Mandy Rose (c)

Grade: C+


Bron Breakker (c) def. JD McDonagh via pinfall

NXT Championship

Thoughts - Solid enough match to main event. I feel Bron has had much better showings in the past. JD is a great competitor, but overall I was a bit underwhelmed by the whole match and didn't get much from it. It felt like a weekly TV match, not as much a PPV quality. Maybe its just me.

Was it bad though? No, there's been A LOT worse. But this was decent enough to end the show. After the match, Tyler Bates made his return to NXT television and it looks like he's going to be Bron's next challenger. This, I like. I can't wait for this match. Always been a big fan of Tyler Bate and he's gonna bring some true grit to Bron's reign as champion.

Looking forward to that bout and feud. I think JD gets taken off TV and he'll get repackaged maybe. I think he should go back to being Jordan Devlin.

Predicted winner: Bron Breakker (c)

Grade: C


Overall Grade: B+


Final thoughts: Overall, the special was a great show. The last couple matches were... meh, but not bad. Not much to them. The first half of the show was better and it had a strong start. I liked the pacing and the fact all the matches were about the same length. Obviously that's because it's a 2 hour show, but still, I like that aspect. Makes everything flow well and feel equally as important.

Most popular

Wikipedia

Search results